PROPOSAL DEADLINE EXTENDED — MARCH 1
CEAO Spring Conference
Saturday, April 9, 2022
Lake Erie College: Painesville, Ohio
New Beginnings: Rejuvenating English Studies
We are pleased to announce the 2022 College English Association of Ohio Conference, which will occur for the first time in both a face-to-face and online format.
Some of the effects of the ongoing pandemic include shifts in perspectives related to education, communication, literature, writing, and administration. These changed contexts have opened spaces for new mindsets and creative methodologies to emerge within Writing Studies. Please join us to share these new ideas and beginnings that help to highlight how Writing Studies has been rejuvenated through the circumstances within which we continue to work.
Possible topics might include:
- Creative Methodologies in pedagogical practices in literature, composition, creative writing, ESL, and linguistics courses;
- New Perspectives in reading, writing, assessing and teaching different genres, such as novels, short stories, poems, non-fiction, and digital texts;
- New Mindsets in terms of practices for engaging students in the community, the university/college, and the classroom through civic engagement, service learning, multidisciplinary and other outreach opportunities;
- Innovation in research methods implemented by literature, composition, creative writing, professional writing/journalism, ESL and linguistics departments/programs;
- Growth of new and creative professional development opportunities;
- Resilience of English Studies, including development of movements related to community engagement, digital space, and work/learn from home;
- Adaptability of administrative and programmatic practices within English Studies. This might include management of classes, resources, etc. within the context of the changing nature of work;
- We also welcome work by creative writers. We will offer panels with time for 15 minute readings of creative works, and/ or creative writers are welcome to apply to lead a 60 minute creative writing workshop.
African-American Literature /American Literature / Assessment and/or Learning Outcomes / British & Irish, Scottish and Welsh Literature / Children’s and Adolescent Literature / Composition and Rhetoric: Practice or Theory / Creative Writing: Fiction and Poetry or Non-Fiction / Disability Studies / Film and Literature / Grammar and Linguistics / Graphic Novels / Hispanic, Latino/a, and Chicano/a Literature / Literary Theory/ Multicultural and World Literature / Native American Literature / Ohio Regional Writing / Pedagogy: Diversity in the English Curriculum, Service Learning, Active Learning or other/ Popular Culture / Post-Colonial Literature / Queer Studies / Religion and Literature / Teacher Education / Technical Communication (ATTW) / Visual and Material Culture / Women’s Connection, Women’s Literature, and WGST
CEAO welcomes proposals for:
- roundtable sessions,
- individual 15-20 minute sessions (including creative writing readings),
- 60 minute panel sessions, and
- 60 minute workshop sessions (all topics)
We seek submissions from full-time faculty, graduate students, adjunct and part-time instructors, as well as individuals living/working both inside and outside of Ohio. Faculty presenting projects with undergraduate students are also welcome. Proposals from faculty and administrators from institutions of all sizes and types—public, private, community—are encouraged to apply.
Send proposals of 300 words or fewer by
Monday, February 15, 2022 March 1, 2022 through this link: Submission Form for 2022 CEAO Conference
All proposals submitted by the deadline will be considered. Questions? Please e-mail Judith Lanzendorfer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit: https://ceaoenglishnotes.com/ for additional information and for conference registration.