The call for proposals for the 2021 CEAO Spring Conference has been extended until February 28th, 2021.
CEAO Spring Conference: Saturday April 24, 2021
Theme: Fluidity: Mobility in English Studies
Photo Credit: Hannah Vadzemnieks, “Asbury Woods Running Water”
Please join us to share ideas that explore the ideas of fluidity and mobility within Writing Studies. We will explore the constants within our study of language, and we will dialogue about how we can create flexible movements within English Studies. Also, we will discuss strategies for resiliency in light of forces that challenge the humanities.
Possible topics might include:
- Shifting pedagogical practices in literature, composition, creative writing, ESL, and linguistics courses;
- Flexibility in new ways of reading, writing, assessing and teaching different genres, such as novels, short stories, poems, non-fiction, and digital texts;
- Mobility in terms of new practices for engaging students in the community, the university/college, and the classroom through civic engagement, service learning, multidisciplinary and other outreach opportunities;
- Adaptability in terms of research methods implemented by literature, composition, creative writing, professional writing/journalism, ESL and linguistics departments/programs;
- Malleability in sharing new professional development opportunities;
- Pliancy in exploring English Studies along with movements like the Digital, Medical and Environmental Humanities;
- Resilience within establishing administrative and programmatic practices within English Studies This might include visions of sustainable and resilient English Studies programs;
- We also welcome work by creative writers. We will offer panels with time for 15 minute readings of creative works, and/ or creative writers are welcome to apply to lead a 60 minute creative writing workshop.
African-American Literature /American Literature / Assessment and/or Learning Outcomes / British & Irish, Scottish and Welsh Literature / Children’s and Adolescent Literature / Composition and Rhetoric: Practice or Theory / Creative Writing: Fiction and Poetry or Non-Fiction / Disability Studies / Film and Literature / Grammar and Linguistics / Graphic Novels / Hispanic, Latino/a, and Chicano/a Literature / Literary Theory/ Multicultural and World Literature / Native American Literature / Ohio Regional Writing / Pedagogy: Diversity in the English Curriculum, Service Learning, Active Learning or other/ Popular Culture / Post-Colonial Literature / Queer Studies / Religion and Literature / Teacher Education / Technical Communication (ATTW) / Visual and Material Culture / Women’s Connection, Women’s Literature, and WGST
CEAO welcomes proposals for:
- roundtable sessions,
- individual 15-20 minute sessions (including creative writing readings),
- 60 minute panel sessions, and
- 60 minute workshop sessions (all topics)
We seek submissions from full-time faculty, graduate students, adjunct and part-time instructors, as well as individuals living/working both inside and outside of Ohio. Faculty presenting projects with undergraduate students are also welcome. Proposals from faculty and administrators from institutions of all sizes and types—public, private, community—are encouraged to apply.
If you would like for participants to see pre-recorded videos or documents prior to your session, please indicate that in the submission form.
Send proposals of 300 words or fewer by Sunday, February 28, 2021 through this link: https://forms.gle/1HRpEGzwpnGveMFu9