April 5-April 7, 2018 | Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront
333 1st St South, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701 | Phone: (727) 894-5000
The Sunshine Skyway Bridge crosses Tampa Bay from St. Petersburg, called the Sunshine City in honor of its Guinness Record for most consecutive days of sunshine (768). St. Petersburg is home to historic neighborhoods, distinguished museums, contemporary galleries, and a wide variety of dining, entertainment and shopping venues.
St. Petersburg is also home to the College English Association’s 2018 national conference, where we invite you to join us at our annual meeting to explore the many bridges that connect places, texts, communities, words, and ideas.
CEA invites proposals from academics in all areas of literature, language, film, composition, pedagogy, and creative, professional, and technical writing. We are especially interested in presentations that build bridges between and among texts, disciplines, people, cultures, media, languages, and generations.
For your proposal you might consider:
- Bridges between disciplines, languages, or generations
- Bridges between races, classes, cultures, regions, genders, or sexualities.
- Cultural or ideological bridges in literary, scholarly, or theoretical works
- The bridge as construct, form, metaphor, motif, or icon
- Connections between text and images or sound
- Bridges between theory and practice, reading and writing, writer and audience
- Building bridges between teaching and scholarship; faculty and administrators; professors and students
- Bridges as physical artifacts and symbols of industry and technology
- Digital humanities as a bridge between worlds
- What bridges connect, support, and pass over
In addition to our conference theme, we also welcome proposals in any and all of the areas English and writing departments encompass. We also solicit papers on all areas that influence our lives as academics as well as those that address the profession broadly.
Submission: August 15-November 1, 2017
For more information on how to submit, please see the full CFP at http://cea-web.org/
All presenters at the 2018 CEA conference must become members of CEA by January 1, 2018. To join CEA, please go to http://cea-web.org/
Other questions? Please email email@example.com.